Canine Massage Information
At City Line Veterinary Center we are committed to offering the best care possible for your pet. That is why we offer services that compliment your canine’s veterinary care including rehabilitation and therapeutic massage. Whether your dog is young or old, athletic or sedentary canine massage and myotherapy will help maintain and enhance their performance, comfort and overall well-being. As a massage client your dog will receive a customized treatment plan that considers their activity level, health history and concerns and recommendations from the medical team.
Types of Massage:
- Massage for Maintenance & Relaxation
- Sports Massage - Before and after activiy
- Post-Surgical Massage and Edema Management
- Palliative Care - Elderly Quality of Life
- Hospice - End of Life Care
The benefits of canine massage:
- Encourages a deeper connection between pet and parent
- Supports behavior training - touch desensitization
- Reduction of excessive scar tissue post-surgery
- Aids in exercise/performance recovery
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Lessens anxiety and stress
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves range of motion
- Increases circulation
- Relieves pain in achy joints and muscles
- Provides comfort during hospice
Meet Sarah Zinger, NCCMT
Sarah’s love for animals started young with a habit of bringing all sorts of critters home and asking her parents if she could keep them. Most of the time they said no as “snakes belong in the garden and squirrels belong in the trees”. That has not stopped her from caring for adiverse collection of animal companions throughout her life. The deep relationship she shared with her black lab Kenai inspired her to work more closely with animals in a therapeutic way and eventually she found her calling in canine massage.
Sarah studied at The Chicago School of Canine Massage and graduated in 2016 from the Advanced Canine Massage program. She has since become nationally certified through NBCAAM. As a professional therapist, Sarah practices low-stress handling, is certified in CPR/first aid and works closely with our vets to create customized care plans for her clients.